There is a demand for the Canadian Long-haul Truck Driver market is continuing to be highly sought-after. These developments have been assisted by the Canadian government, which grants work visas to eligible foreign workers who want to become drivers in Canada.
Canada Truck Driver Jobs (With Visa Sponsorship)
Let’s take a look at the steps you must take to become a truck driver in Canada. This will enable you to learn what is needed to get a visa sponsor position as a trucker foreigner.
- Canada has a wide range of jobs for truck drivers. They include permanent, full-time overtime, night, weekend, and evening shifts.
- A secondary diploma equivalent to that from a secondary school is preferred but optional to be a candidate for this position.
- Although it’s beneficial, it’s not a requirement; heavy-duty driving experience is not required.
- It is crucial to be able to communicate in primary and practical English.
- The job involves the issuance of certificates, licenses and memberships, and other qualifications.
- A valid driver’s license (Class 1 A, B, or A) is required.
- Trucking and Equipment Types: Flatbed, Refrigerated/Highway, Tractor-trailer, Flatbed, or Highway truck (or 10,000 lbs+ with 3+ Axles).
- Security and Safety The requirements include a vital security check, criminal background check, a driving record verification (abstract), a medical examination, and, ideally, a drug test.
- Information on travel and transportation Are you looking to travel across Canada and the United States? Looking to travel in the evening, either day or night, sleeping in hotels, and willing to travel long distances.
- Additional requirements to operate long-haul trucks, applicants are legally allowed to work in Canada.
- The ability to drive and operate a straight and articulated truck to transport items and items.
- Unloading and loading cargo. The use of tarps and ensuring cargo safety.
- Ability to plan your travel routes.
- Atlases and other tools for planning are usually available to plan your trip.
- Receive the information and then send this information back to the central dispatcher.
- The ability to drive in convoys in a team of two.
- You should also be able to inspect the condition of your vehicle, including the brakes, tires, and cold storage. Other components.
Top Programs in Canada to Help Truck Driver Jobs
Here’s a list of the best programs to assist you in finding the perfect job as a truck driver within Canada through visa sponsoring
A provincial program designed for Canadian truckers is located in British Columbia.
Long-haul trucking jobs are open for permanent full-time jobs. This is the norm for entry-level and semi-skilled applicants from British Columbia. There are more than 400 job opportunities. Long-haul truck drivers may remain in the province for all their lives. Learn more about immigration in British Columbia by visiting their website at https://www.immigration.ca/british-columbia-immigration/.
Quebec is the top in local truck driver job opportunities, with 837 job advertisements in the current job listings. According to the Quebec employment website of the government, the opportunities for truck driver jobs are “excellent” on their platform.
Access the Quebec website at https://www.immigration.ca/en/quebecimmigrationprovincial.html.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program Employer Job stream In-Demand Skills stream included the code for NOC 7511 for truck drivers in July 2019.
Truck drivers with a work offer from Ontario can pursue a route toward permanent residency in Canada. Learn more about immigration at https://www.immigration.ca/en/ontario-immigration.html.
Alberta’s Immigrant Nominee Program provides more than 500 opportunities for truckers who travel long distances. Truck drivers can submit applications for Alberta Opportunity Stream or Alberta Express Entry.
Employers that want to employ truckers in Manitoba should follow Federal Labour Market Assessment for Temporary foreign workers procedure. The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program allows employers to use outside LMIA if they meet specific criteria, including conformity with labor laws and recruiting efforts.
Visit the Manitoba immigration website at https://www.immigration.ca/en/manitoba-immigration.html to discover more.
Newfoundland and Labrador
The province is situated in the Canadian area of Newfoundland and Labrador province.
NLPNP’s Labour Market Outlook 2025 report emphasizes truck driving as an occupation that requires significant immigration to meet the vacancies. Trucking companies must submit an application to become eligible employers for The NLPNP’s Skilled Worker and Express Entry streams.
Saskatchewan Immigration offers a separate sub-category for long-haul truck drivers for Canadians currently located in Canada with a valid work permit. This job is qualified to be included in the Express Entry and Occupations On-Demand categories. Each draw targets specific disciplines.
Drivers of transport trucks (NOC 7511) are among the two jobs targeted by Nova Scotia’s Nominee Program’s Occupations On-Demand stream. The program allows drivers to get permanent residency.
This program lets applicants apply for a job as a truck driver from Canada through visa sponsoring.
Canada Truck Drivers’ Wages
The pay for truck drivers is today similar to provincial and national averages.
Statistics Canada and job bank information show that the median salary for truck drivers is lower than the average for all jobs in Canada. However, it could rise to over $8 an hour in certain situations and up to $32 per hour.
As it is expected that wages for truck drivers will increase as the demand for trucks increases in the coming years.
Are you seeking an opportunity to work in the field of truck driving, which has to sponsor in Canada for foreigners? You’re in the right spot. These opportunities were discussed within this piece, as well as the numerous programs that provide these opportunities.